200 HOUR YTT
VOICE AT ELEMENTS
A Warm Welcome
There are yoga teachers you’re drawn to: the teachers who empower, who believe, who speak with integrity. The teachers who hear their students, and who understand how to connect to and serve their community.
These yoga teachers have a strong purpose– with clarity that resonates through their flows, their messaging, and in the safe spaces they hold for their communities.
It is with gratitude to those influential leaders that you’re now a passionate practitioner, feeling ready to take your next step, into a role of service to a growing yoga community.
Our program was designed to help you develop the skills to be more than just an instructor of yoga. Your commitment to the Voice program will reward you with a quality, well-constructed curriculum that includes the resources you need to effectively lead with an authentic voice– so you can become one of those truth-filled, sought-after teachers.
Voice at Elements was created by Erika Whites and Melissa Klimo-Major to take an inclusive approach to teacher training. In addition to the required training standards set by Yoga Alliance, this program will provide exclusive, business-minded tools to help trainees create a clear path to success.
We’re so happy you’re here,
Erika + MKM
Voice Yoga Teacher Training
Exclusively at Elements Studios
With Your Commitment to the Voice YTT Program, You’ll:
- Develop a strong relationship with the 8 limbs of yoga
- Understand the lineage of yoga, from Eastern roots through Western interpretations
- Study the philosophy of yoga, including the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- Understand the energetic principles of yoga, including the koshas and chakras
- Learn skills to effectively lead physical asana classes, including how to pace, sequence, cue, and modify
- Explore meditation and pranayama practices in depth
- Study the mudras, chanting, aromatherapy use, and other ways to incorporate the senses into a yoga offering
- Explore the mind-body connection and the effects of yoga on the nervous system
- Study anatomy as it applies to a physical asana practice
- Understand how to effectively offer inclusive, accessible practices and support equity in western yoga
- Understand the role a yoga practice can play in supporting mental health and wellness
- Gather effective, modern tools for professional development in the industry
- Practice svadhyaya (self-study) as you move through your training with the support of your peers
- Experience special advanced studies in philosophy and asana from local Ashtanga Level 2 guest teacher Marque Garaux
- Enjoy the full wellness studio amenities of Elements Studios: unlimited fitness and yoga classes for the duration of the training, spa showers, kitchen use, open access to collaborative group/private spaces throughout the space
- Apply your voice and your teaching skills through mentored practice teaching
- Expect more surprises during your program, including a special self-care welcome gift package
Payment into the program includes 200 contact hours of training at Elements Studios, a program manual, access to studio resources (props, showers, etc.) and access to Elements Yoga classes for the duration of the training period (February 9, 2020- April 26, 2020.)
REQUISITES FOR GRADUATION
To obtain a certificate of completion and be eligible for an RYT-200 designation through Yoga Alliance, students must attend all scheduled sessions and demonstrate an understanding of the curriculum through completed assignments, written quizzes, teach-back classes, and a final exam.
Applications for the Voice at Elements YTT program will be available beginning Monday, October 28 2019. Please click here for the Voice at Elements YTT application. A non-refundable $300 hold fee is due at the time of application submission. $300 fee applies toward the balance owed on program, and acceptance into the program will be offered within 72 hours of application submission.
Applications will stay open until the program is full. To ensure adequate attention, space, and resources for all attendees, each session will have a maximum student headcount.
A completed application with the non-refundable hold fee is due ASAP to guarantee a spot in the program.
It is suggested that applicants have 1-3 years of steady practice before entering a training program. Applicants should also understand that additional time and resources may be expected of them outside of the 200 contact hours of the program. Arrangements should be made to limit outside responsibilities and distractions during active training periods.
All applications that demonstrate a willingness to successfully complete the program will be honored and accepted.
Want to learn more about this exclusive Voice YTT? Please fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch soon.